Friday, April 22, 2011

Bleeker Ridge - Easier Today

Song: Easier Today
Artist: Bleeker Ridge
Album: Small Town Dead

Bleeker Ridge is a Canadian rock band from Orillia, Ontario.

Easier Today is from Bleeker Ridge's debut album Small Town Dead which was released September 21, 2010. I think the song Easier Today is about parents wanting their kids to be like them and do what society's idea of normal is. Go to college, get a job and start a family. But the kid is saying no, that they aren't the same person their parent is. That they are their own person and will live their own life and do what they want. And when parents try to control their children it just makes the kid want to leave even more. The song has a strong, hard rock sound that I love and lead singer Taylor Perkins' vocals are awesome. I think this a really great song.

"Easier Today"

I said just take it easy on me!

Into the fire, I throw a life
A life that you made up, I'm starting to wake up
I know who you are, it's not who I am
I'm turning into you, I don't want to be you
I'm not you

A face like me, a voice like mine
But that's where it ends, there's nothing else

I said just take it easy on me!
It doesn't help when you're screaming at me (screaming at me)
Why would I ever stay?

It wouldn't be hard to leave, you made it easier today

You'll get a job, yeah you'll go to school
You'll be like your old man, yeah you'll do what I do
No I have a choice, yeah I know I do
And it's time to stand up, or stand up to you
I'm not you.

You made it easier today.
It's easier today.

Bleeker Ridge - Easier Today - Youtube (Audio Only)

No comments:

Post a Comment